Of all the endpoint devices that IT has had to manage over the years, mobile devices pose the greatest challenge.
A recent survey at the InfoSec 2012 event confirmed that the greatest concern to organisations of the BYOD trend is the risk of employees introducing viruses into the business.
When asked what was the biggest headache posed by the increasing adoption of BYOD (bring your own device) almost half of the respondents highlighted the possible threat of a virus being introduced.
Interestingly, these figures appear to reflect the worries of all types and sizes of organisation – the study sought the views of 250 IT professionals, with 49% being from organisations of more than 1,000 employees whilst 24% represented businesses with less than 100 employees.
Novell will show you in a webinar on 11th September, how ZENworks Mobile Management makes it possible to manage mobile devices easily, whether those devices are provisioned by corporate or ‘Bring Your Own Device’ (BYOD), that users own themselves—all without adding to your IT overhead or burden.
The interactive webinar will address how to:
• Provision each new device over-the-air (including BYOD devices)
• Manage a wide variety of mobile devices
• Provision devices with the apps, access and data users need—even if they bring their own devices
• Define and enforce security policies
• Encrypt mobile devices to protect against theft or loss and lock out or even wipe the data on lost or stolen devices
• Define and enforce the level of “wipe” authority you have on BYOD devices
• Prevent access to sensitive corporate resources from BYOD users who refuse IT oversight
• Track and report on device and licensing assets
• Report on compliance status
Webinar Date: 11th September
Webinar Time: 10:30 GMT Register Now
Webinar Time: 18:00 GMT Register Now